A man from Port Colborne is facing charges for breaking orders relating to the conditions of his release.
Around 2:30 Sunday afternoon, officers received a call from a resident who said they recognized a man walking near the Canal in Port Colborne.
A citizen recognized 37 year old Joseph Franklin Crawford, and told police he was seen holding a cell phone and taking pictures.
Crawford had been released from police custody in May, and one of his release conditions was not to own a cell phone.
Yesterday, police attended Crawford's home and arrested him, charging him with failing to comply with a release order.
Officers discovered a cell phone in his pocket during the arrest, and the device was seized.

Region Trims More from Budget
Cold Weather Policy for Homeless Not Changing
Niagara Falls Handling Salt Shortage
Man Killed in Tent Fire
Region Updated on Measles Outbreak
St. Catharines Draws X Through X
Police Looking for Laundry Thief
Toronto Man Charged with Trafficking